Exporting Services - VAT Implications
15th December 2020
Cost: £175 plus VAT per delegate
Basic VAT rules
- What are services in the VAT Context
- Supplies into the EU
- Overview of VAT across Members states: Rates and Rules
- Place of supply rules
- Nature of Different Services – e.g. Land related
- Electronically Supplied Services
- HMRC’s “Simplification” measure
-Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS)
- Statistical Reporting & European Sales Lists
- Supplies outside the EU
- Reclaim of non UK VAT
This course is for finance staff in businesses supplying services looking to develop trade into overseas markets who would benefit from a solid introduction to the VAT implications of exporting services out of the UK.
- To provide an understanding of the UK VAT rules as they impact on exporting supplies to client based overseas, services performed overseas or services delivered electronically.
- To give insight into more complex areas of VAT legislation so that potential issues can be identified at an early stage.
The round table discussion format encourages participants to share common practical concerns and experiences.
Please note that there is a maximum of 14 places for the course.
A Certificate of Attendance is available for training records/CPD purposes.
To register your interest in this course please contact email@example.com or 01633 415390
Tories plan VAT tax bombshell after election - hitting struggling families with financial blow - Mirror.co.uk
Could a tax on meat help us save the planet? - The Guardian
UK lost up to £1.5bn from VAT evasion by foreign online retailers - Financial Times
Investment Trusts Lose VAT Battle In UK Supreme Court - Law360 (subscription)
Reality Check: Do Labour's sums add up on free school meals? - BBC News
VAT on fees? Our greedy private schools have it coming - Spectator.co.uk (blog)
Criminal gangs use UK ports to defraud EU customs - BBC News
Uber faces big VAT bill if tax campaign wins in UK court - International Tax Review
More on the UK Government consultation that marketplaces collect VAT - Tamebay
UK Considers Response To Construction Industry VAT Fraud - Tax-news.com