Exporting Services - VAT Implications
15th December 2020
Cost: £175 plus VAT per delegate
Basic VAT rules
- What are services in the VAT Context
- Supplies into the EU
- Overview of VAT across Members states: Rates and Rules
- Place of supply rules
- Nature of Different Services – e.g. Land related
- Electronically Supplied Services
- HMRC’s “Simplification” measure
-Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS)
- Statistical Reporting & European Sales Lists
- Supplies outside the EU
- Reclaim of non UK VAT
This course is for finance staff in businesses supplying services looking to develop trade into overseas markets who would benefit from a solid introduction to the VAT implications of exporting services out of the UK.
- To provide an understanding of the UK VAT rules as they impact on exporting supplies to client based overseas, services performed overseas or services delivered electronically.
- To give insight into more complex areas of VAT legislation so that potential issues can be identified at an early stage.
The round table discussion format encourages participants to share common practical concerns and experiences.
Please note that there is a maximum of 14 places for the course.
A Certificate of Attendance is available for training records/CPD purposes.
To register your interest in this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01633 415390
The impact of new VAT rules for UK sellers on eBay - eSellerCafe
OPINION: The UK needs a VAT cut - International Tax Review
Shamed Perthshire businessman jailed for 32 months over £174000 VAT fraud - The Courier
UK notches up highest May VAT receipts on record - Financial Times
Breaking Down The Impact Of UK's Value Added Tax On eBay Sellers - Forbes
Brexit's effect on VAT and duty tariffs - Financial Director
Canada, UK Cooperate In Anti-VAT Fraud Sting - Tax-news.com
Tearful Northern Ireland director sentenced for £184k VAT fraud - Belfast Telegraph
Uber has been accused of exploiting a VAT loophole to avoid paying £40 million in tax every year - Business Insider
Report: Uber Using Tax Loophole To Avoid VAT In The UK - Android Headlines